Sunday 16 December 2007

Evening Gloves and Pearls

So I have Halloween party tomorrow night, and one of the obligations is that you have to be in costume. I did wonder if it was possible to get away without a costume - but everyone I've spoken to is talking about what they are going to wear - so no avoidance.

Which means for the first time in my life - I'm dressing up for Halloween. (It's not that I haven't dressed up before...very publically - one BBC reporter with camera + me in costume for Monty Python Day @ Doune Castle = oh dear...). Now the issue is what to go as. Call me daft but I don't want an embarassing costume - so I figured Audrey Hepburn, Breakfast at Tiffany's. Not bad...

So I managed to make a fancy fake cigarette in a holder (from a black pencil, some tippex, nail polish and an orange highlighter) which looks rather good. I figured black trousers, heels and a black top. Hair can be styled appropriately, as can make up (just need to schedule several hours to try and get the eyeliner right - not too mention the half hour with obligatory watery eyes when I stick the mascara wand in my eye...Again).

But there are the accessories, i.e. the aforementioned gloves and pearls... which explains why at 20 to ten on a friday night I am searching second hand clothing shops in the west end that deal in evening wear....But I suppose it could be worse.... I could have to try and convince a Cat to sit on my shoulder all night....

0 Comments: